A daily roundup of all the undead news that shambles into view… News post by Johnathon Brock and Cory Casciato. Got news tips? E-mail them to cory.casciato[AT]gmail.com. Bookmark the home page or add the RSS feed to your reader for your daily dose of walking dead.
Okay, bear with me zombie fans because there’s a lot of news today, especially about our favorite new series The Walking Dead, which took the world by storm last night!
- It’s obvious that America loves zombies, as The Walking Dead reached 5.3 Million homes (8.1 million with re-airings), making it the most watched AMC show in history. (TV Squad)
- We’ve also got some great preview images from episode two. (Dread Central)
- Andrew Lincoln, who plays Rick Grimes on the show, recently sat down to talk about the job. (KC Star)
- Robert Kirkman gives an amazing interview about The Walking Dead. (Entertainment Weekly)
There’s also a host of great news about the latest in zombie video games.
- Shambling Hordes, from Yahoo, is an awesome little zombie themed territory control game. (PC World)
- Even the classic childhood game of the Oregon Trail isn’t immune to a zombie makeover. (io9)
- UPDATE: The new Call of Duty: Black Ops game will let you fight the zombie horde as John F. Kennedy, Fidel Castro, Robert McNamara, and Richard Nixon! (Kotaku)
Here’s the info on the zombie walks you may or may not have been a part of this past weekend.
- There’s a nice set of pictures from the first annual Rexburg Zombie Apocalypse. (Rexburg Standard Journal)
- Pics and video of the Billings, Montana zombie walk which took place October 30. (Examiner)
- We’ve got a nice write up of the Long Beach zombie walk too. (Daily 49er)
- Legendary zombie slayer Bruce Campbell married two of the undead this past weekend at ZomBcon in Seattle. (Seattle PI – The Big Blog)
And now we make the turn to movie news…
- We’ve got six action packed minutes of the latest indie zombie film The Ocean Black embedded below for you. (Bloody Disgusting)
- UPDATE: Previously reported zombie flick Infected has been renamed The Terror Experiment in an effort to better capture American markets. (Dread Central)
- Zombie author Max Brooks gives us an update on the World War Z movie, Brad Pitt,Â and his thoughts on The Walking Dead. (MTV)
And just because we love you so much, here’s a claymation video (after the break) of a chainsaw wielding maid that kills zombies. (io9)
The Ocean Black