A daily roundup of all the undead news that shambles into view… News post by Johnathon Brock and Cory Casciato. Got news tips? E-mail them to cory.casciato[AT]gmail.com. Bookmark the home page or add the RSS feed to your reader for your daily dose of walking dead.
OMG NEWS! It’s been a huge news weekend and with the E3 show going on there’s a lot to cover, so I’m going to split things up into a few groups at times. Also all videos, as always, are after the break, just so I don’t have to keep typing it.
There was a ton of good news that came out of the E3 show just these last couple of days.
- There’s a new full CGI trailer for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and it looks amazing. (NOTE: The trailer was recently taken down, sorry) (Kotaku)
- Dead Island also has a new trailer showing off just how good it’s going to look. (Platform Nation)
- While I’m not a fan of the pre-order system of business, Dead Island has some pretty good bonuses if you want to reserve a copy of it at your local Gamestop. (Got Game)
The Walking Dead has also been tearing up the internet as season two moves into production.
- Highway 20 in Georgia near the Atlanta Motor Speedway has been taken over with zombies and shut down for filming of the new season, and some of the locals aren’t too happy with that. (AJC)
- This is by far the definitive guide to making a zombie if you’re going to work in special effects on The Walking Dead. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Neil Brown Jr. who played Guillermo on the show talks about his experiences. (Dread Cenrtal)
- The official images for the first series of The Walking Dead action figures from McFarlane toys is now online. (Inside Pulse)
There wasn’t a shortage of movie news this weekend either.
- Filming for Detention of the Dead has officially wrapped, so we can look forward to the finished product later this year. (On Location Vacations)
- Quarantine 2 will be getting a limited theatrical release this month before the DVD goes on sale later this year. We’re hoping we get a chance to see it! I’ve also included the trailer just to remind everyone how good it looks. (Dread Central)
- Here’s some production stills from Zombex along with crew interviews. (Dread Central)
- In sexier news, Jenna Jameson is under fire, and a lawsuit, for allegedly ditching out on a screening of Zombie Strippers to attend Perez Hilton’s birthday bash. I guess she can still screw people with her clothes on. (Chicago Tribune)
And to wrap things up with a little humor, that awesome CDC article about zombie preparedness (which we reported day one, because Cory is just that awesome) has become so popular that it actually crashed the CDC blog last week. (Your Daily News Fix)